Tuesday, December 13, 2005

(Please) Turn that page...

It’s a strange, almost unsettling feeling... And I am not worried anymore about the fact that it exists, because I am sure it does affect all of us, although to varying degrees. And in my case, I am troubled about the intensity and frequency of this phenomenon.

Just the other day, I was going through the morning newspaper (so far, so usual...) when after a while I turned around to check the clock – One hour had passed, and I was still on the same page, and then I realized that I had been only staring at a single headline for all this while. There was nothing disturbing or anything remotely extraordinary about the headline, and frankly speaking, I hadn’t been thinking at all about that piece of text anyways...

My thoughts had just ran away somewhere, and the newspaper had transformed into some kind of a screen, complete with audio and video, as all kinds of images poured onto that screen and I just watched. In some images were incidents that had actually happened, in others were incidents that should have happened, and the rest of the images were just manifestations of a continuing confusion.

I hope there’s a way out of this. I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but I still want to find a way back to normalcy where the written words don’t keep metamorphosing into a thousand pictures...

No comments: