Friday, November 03, 2006

The pigeon and the statue...

They say sometimes you are the pigeon. They also say that as per the laws of karma, you must be the statue at times as well. Something like a bad hair day. Happens even to bald people, or so I believe. Except that this time, I almost knew when the fast winds would start shuffling my otherwise "Setted-Wetted" hair.
Though frankly, for the past few days, my health has anyway made a comfortable, middle-of-the-road statue out of me, with the "common cold" (I wish it were somewhat less common than what it is...) and random fevers leaving me dazed through my work.

And then to top it all, as if the week was vying to end on a particularly irksome note, I suffered a small setback at work. Here the word "small" has been used taking full advantage of relativity and related concepts.

You win some, you lose some. Only sometimes, you lose some more. That's precisely what all pigeons and statues feel about their relationship. Every dog has it's day. And today as I looked up, standing in the middle of the road, "statuesque" and all, with things falling straight into my eyes, I realized that birds aren't too far behind in claiming their days...

No comments: