Saturday, June 02, 2007

“Greetings” - Version 2.0

Everything these days comes with an upgrade patch. Sometimes you start getting warnings if you don’t. I remember till a few years back a number of congratulatory phone calls (that I would make) would start with.. “Hey….!!! This is so cool..You’re getting married..!!!. Tell me about him/her…How does it feel?” And similar questions to which I expected half-honest answers.
Things have changed now, somewhat. I find that a number of those congratulatory phone calls now start off with..”Hey…!!! This is so cool… You’re a father/mother now…!!! Howz the little one? How does it feel?” And similar questions to which I expect absolutely honest answers.
And when I have put the phone down I do tend to sit back, smile a bit, and think about the person(s) in question. About they being “ready” for this change. And then I realize perhaps none of us is ever ready for these changes. After all, most of us are going through this phase for the first time. Yes, being “world-aware” certainly adds to the ability to handle situations when things get tricky (and you bet they do…), but as I read long back, “experience is a comb that life gives you after you have lost all your hair.”
I guess the fun part is dealing with those bad-hair days without the comb. The inexperience is definitely worth it. So, hang in there… and by the way, congratulations…!

1 comment:

Saurabh said...

this is very true....experience is what gained after loosing all.